Prepare your App for the new Google Mobile Ads SDK release
Contributor, November 16, 2020
Version 20.0.0 of the upcoming Google Mobile Ads SDK will arrive with several major changes, new names for aspects of the API, and the retirement of portions of the API.
What You Should Know
- APIs have been changed New API calls for Interstitial and Rewarded Ads (Full-Screen formats)
- APIs have been removed LegacyRewarded, Ad request level TFCD-bit settings, NativeContentAd and NativeAppInstallAd
- APIs have been depreciated Smart Banner will be replaced by Adaptive Banner
The Bottom Line
- To avoid potential revenue loss, you should understand how these changes may affect your app(s).
- Consider updating your API usage in your existing apps according to Googles recommended migration guides
- Updating to either version of the SDK without first making to changes to the API will cause issues with apps and potentially affect revenue.