Google to introduce CTAs on bumper and non-skippable YouTube ads
Contributor, March 22, 2020
Google announced that will soon unveil CTA (call-to-action overlays) on YouTube bumper and non-skippable ads.
The new call-to-action overlays will enable advertisers to display an interactive element which will aim to motivate clicks over YouTube videos. At present, call-to-action overlays are only available for TrueView ads.
The specs for YouTube CTAs are:
- CTA text: 1 line of text with up to 10 characters
- Headline text: 1 line of text up to 15 characters
- Display URL: The URL will be displayed on the overlay
- Landing page: The destination can be a redirect and/or link to an external site.
- Thumbnail: Auto-generated from the YouTube channel’s icon
- CTAs are required for TrueView for action campaigns, but optional for brand campaigns.